Dr Eduard Grebe
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Eduard is a postdoctoral research fellow in the CSSR and Department of Sociology. His current research interests include:
- civil society leadership in the AIDS response;
- social movements and transnational activist networks;
- social protection, social policy and social justice in Africa.
Tel: +27 21 650 4656
Rm 4.29.7, Leslie Social Science Building
University Avenue, Upper Campus
University of Cape Town
Private Bag, Rondebosch 7701
Pre-prints of papers available on SSRN author page.
- Grebe, E. (2012) Civil society leadership in the struggle for AIDS treatment in South Africa and Uganda. PhD Thesis, University of Cape Town, December 2012.
- Grebe, E. & Nattrass, N. (2012) "AIDS Conspiracy Beliefs and Unsafe Sex in Cape Town" in AIDS and Behavior, 16(3), pp. 761-773. doi:10.1007/s10461-011-9958-2.
- Grebe, E. (2011) "The Treatment Action Campaign's Struggle for AIDS Treatment in South Africa: Coalition-building Through Networks" in Journal of Southern African Studies, 37(4), pp. 849-868. doi:10.1080/03057070.2011.608271.
- Grebe, E. (2009) "Contingency, contestation and hegemony: The possibility of a non-essentialist politics for the left" in Philosophy & Social Criticism, 35(5), pp. 589-611. doi:10.1177/0191453709103428.
Chapters in books
- Grebe, E. (2010) "Negativity, Difference and Critique: The Ethical Moment in Complexity" in Cilliers, P. & Allen, R. (eds), Complexity, Difference and Identity (Springer, Amsterdam).
- Grebe, E. (2009) "Contingency, contestation and hegemony: The possibility of a non-essentialist politics for the left" in Mike O'Donnell (ed.) Structure and Agency, Volumes 1-4 (Sage, London).
Working and occasional papers
- Grebe, E. (2013) Book Review: "Against the Odds: Politicians, institutions and the struggle against poverty" by Melo, Ng'ethe & Manor, Developmental Leadership Program.
- Grebe, E. (2012) Book Review: "Transformative Political Leadership: Making a difference in the developing world" by Robert Rotberg, Developmental Leadership Program.
- Grebe, E. (2012) "Global advocacy in an era of resource constraints and shifting global priorities". in Bulletin of Medicus Mundi Switzerland, No. 125, September 2012.
- Grebe, E. & Woermann, M. (2011) Institutions of Integrity and the Integrity of Institutions: Integrity and ethics in the politics of developmental leadership, Research Paper 15, Developmental Leadership Program.