Internship with International Enterprise Singapore
IE Singapore is the government agency driving Singapore’s external economy. For the past 30 years, we have been spearheading the overseas growth of Singapore-based companies and promoting international trade. Our vision is a thriving business hub in Singapore with Globally Competitive Companies and leading international traders. Our global network of overseas centres in over 39 locations provides the necessary connections in many developed and emerging markets. Our Johannesburg office is based in Sandton Central and covers 9 countries in the Southern Africa region.
We are currently looking to recruit interns for 2017. The intern should either be a current graduate student or recent graduate who is looking to gain valuable experience in an international trade office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct in-depth market and sector analysis for trade reports and presentations
- Compile monthly articles on regional developments
- Cold-calling to establish meetings with potential partners and filing contact logs
- Note-taking duties
- Coordinate inbound and outbound delegations from Singapore;
- Support officers in other day to day tasks
- Have recently completed or in the process of completing a post-graduate degree in a relevant field
- Evident interest in international trade and investment promotion, business development, sales and marketing
- Proven ability to conduct accurate research and compile concise clear reports and presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Clean record
- Foreign language proficiency an advantage
The internship will run over a 3/6/12 month period.
Working hours to be negotiated
Please email your CV to Johannesburg@iesingapore.gov.sg to express your interest.